2015 Summer Recording Workshop Music
- View and print (optional) PDFs of the music score - six in total - by clicking on the links below. If you have an e-reader with note taking abilities, you may do that if you so choose.
- Download the MP3s of the three songs for which MP3s are provided. There are two MP3 downloads per song: (1) the track marked YOUR part (soprano, alto, etc.) and (2) the track mark ALL parts.
- Study the scores while listening to the originals of each song. Try singing along with your part or grab a friend to help plunk out parts on a piano for you. Try also singing the solo - we need up to ten soloists this year!
- For each of the songs with recorded part tracks, sit down with earbuds (or headphones you can listen to one ear at a time) and listen to YOUR voice part track which is isolated in your LEFT ear. This will be your best bet to get these difficult songs memorized by next Thursday.
- Practice, practice, and then practice some more. There are six songs to learn, polish and memorize by next Thursday. It will be a whirlwind, but we couldn't be more excited for you to sing this music.
******caveat about solos*****
Make sure you bring your true self to your solo audition. We don't need to hear a perfect rendition - a performance that demonstrates passion to the song will be counted highly.